Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My ex's family makes a corn casserole as a holiday side dish that I have been trying to recreate for a few years. I obviously can't call to ask for the recipe and so this is the closest I've been able to get.
- Crush the Ritz crackers close to a powder consistency.
- Add the melted butter to crackers and mix with hands until crumbly.
- Spread half of cracker mixture on bottom of a square casserole dish, pressing down with fingers to make a crust.
- Heat creamed corn on stove until warm throughout.
- Add eggs and stir until combined.
- Mix flour with just enough milk to make a thick paste.
- Add flour paste to corn mixture.
- Stir well and heat throughout.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400 or until firm.
- Add remaining crackers to form a top crust and bake additional 10 minutes.