Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 -3 cooked and cubed chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers or 2 cups goldfish crackers
- spray a 9 x 13 dish with pam.
- lay chicken in pan.
- mix sour cream and soup.
- top chicken with mixture.
- mix crushed crackers and butter.
- add to top.
- cook at 350^ for 40 minutes or until bubbling.
I halved this recipe and used 6 chicken tenderloins, which I did not cut up or pre-cook. Baked in my toaster oven in a 8x8 casserole for 30 minutes. Chicken was tender and moist and the cracker topping was great. Served over butter & herb rice and loved it - total comfort food.
This was just okay. It was a little rich for my taste. If I make it again I think I'll half the amount of butter used.
Family loved this. Next time I might add a little chicken broth to soup mixture and some rice to complete this tasty meal. I used recipe #33104 "Un-Boiled Chicken" for this meal.