Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole
Yummy and Easy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Add potatoes to bowl and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer and another bowl, drain the potatoes. Collect all remaining sauce in one bowl and set aside.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes evenly in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon and set aside to drain.
- Using the bacon grease, brown the chicken cubes and add them to the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken cubes evenly in the sauce.
- Once potatoes are done, spread the chicken on top. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon, grate the cheese, and chop the green onions.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, and half of the green onions and bake for 3 - 5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Add fresh green onions before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I think this recipe is a great foundation. It provides you with a direction but you better know what you're doing in the kitchen if you want to use this recipe. We substituted ham for the chicken as that's what we had in the fridge and treated the seasonings as a "ranch packet" (added dried parsley and dill). I cut the salt in half as the ham and cheese had oodles of salt (but the potatoes did soak some up) and using monterey jack cheese is a must to get that creaminess!Reply
see 107 more