Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Add potatoes to bowl and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer and another bowl, drain the potatoes. Collect all remaining sauce in one bowl and set aside.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes evenly in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon and set aside to drain.
- Using the bacon grease, brown the chicken cubes and add them to the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken cubes evenly in the sauce.
- Once potatoes are done, spread the chicken on top. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon, grate the cheese, and chop the green onions.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, and half of the green onions and bake for 3 - 5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Add fresh green onions before serving.
It would have been very tasty if the potatoes hadn't burned. 500 degrees is not necessary. I didn't even bake it the full 45 minutes. The oven was so hot that I shut it off before I added the chicken and toppings and they still were done in 9 minutes. I'll make this again but I'll be baking it at 375.
Awesome! I made it the first time like the directions said and some of the potatoes burnt (I have a strong oven though) tonight I decided to make it again but in the crockpot! I just mixed the "sauce" and put in the potatoes like it said, added those to the bottom of the crockpot, added a bit of olive oil to the remaining sauce, mixed in the chicken, and layer it on top of the potatoes. Set on low for a few hours and high for the last 1-2 hours. Delish!! Oh, and we didn't use hot sauce, due to the little one :) Love this!
Very good recipe, but I had to make a few adjustments. First I doubled the oil to 2/3 cup to have enough for both potatoes and chicken. I sauted my chicken in the bacon grease for about 5-7 minutes so they would be done when cooked in the oven. 15 minutes isn't long enough for the chicken to be well done. And lastley I added the green onions after cooking to add a fresh element. After these few minor changes this recipe was very delicious and a big hit. Definitely will make again.
I love the recipe the only things i did differently was temp down to 350 ...500 seemed way too high to begin with.... and next time i would recommend less salt.... the bacon and cheese give it enough salt as it is ....mine came out a little too salty for my taste but next time i will try with less salt and see how it turns out :)