Recipe by Jewelies
A friend gave me this recipe years ago. I'm not sure where it orginally came from. The Australian rissole is generally made from minced meat and pan fried, without a pastry covering, but sometimes with breadcrumbs. This recipe is suitable to freeze and for OAMC. Thanks to Tish I have added the directions.
- 500 g mince ground beef ((1lb)
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup, divided use ((1oz packet)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup water, mixed with remander of soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sour cream, more if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rissole ingredients together, using 1 1/2 T soup mix.
- Form patties and cook rissoles in pan.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Put water and remaining soup mix in pan to remove sediment from pan.
- Add sherry.
- Simmer until thick.
- Add sour cream.
- To Freeze: Form and flash freeze uncooked patties. Label and put in a ziploc bag.
- To cook: Thaw and continue on with the recipe as written.