Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich and creamy risotto.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 red peppers, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 500 g arborio rice
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 1⁄3 liters vegetable stock
- 175 g gorgonzola, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Cook the shallots for 4 min., add the peppers and thyme, cook for 3 minute.
- Add the rice, stirring well to coat all the grains. Season.
- In a separate pan, pour the wine into the stock and bring to a simmer. Ladle the stock little at a time into the rice, stirring constantly. Keep going until the rice is tender with just a bit of bite.
- Add gorgonzola, stir until heated through and just starting to melt. Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wonderful recipe! Like another reviewer, I was a little alarmed with the very large pile of chopped peppers, but it is exactly the right amount when everything is cooked. There's not a single thing about this recipe I would change. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Awesome! Loved the gorgonzola in it! Great side dish with just about any meat! Will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT4
Delicious and creamy risotto! It's very easy to make and the gorgonzola adds a wonderful depth of flavour. Also sprinkled on some parmesan. Yummo!