Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light and heart healthy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked without salt or fat
- In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, over medium high heat, add olive oil. Add green onion and mushrooms and saute for two minutes. Add zucchini, carrots, and broccoli. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes and then add 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook vegetables until slightly tender. Add basil. Toss vegetable mixture in a large bowl with feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, chopped tomatoes, and hot cooked pasta. Mix well.
I was attracted to this recipe because of the vegies and the feta cheese. While I think it is off to a decent start it is lacking something. It is a little dry and needs more flavor and seasonings. After tasting it, I went back to the kitchen and made a sauce with some whipping cream and more of the mozzarella and feta. That helped some. It might also be good with a pesto or oil sauce of some kind. Some grilled chicken on the side would also be good to add some heartiness.