Recipe by Boca Pat
This is delicious as either a main or a side dish.
Top Review by stormylee
A great combination of tastes and quick to put together! I used only 200 g (scant 1/2 pound) of pasta though; served with a salad, some crusty bread and crisp white wine (and I think it easily served three females ;-) ). Will definitely make again, thanks for sharing Boca Pat!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta (Cavatappi or small shells work well also)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fine grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated good quality parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over low heat, add garlic and saute 30 seconds; do not brown.
- Add lemon peel and cream, bring to a simmer and cook 6 to 8 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add tomatoes, parmesan cheese, parsley and cooked pasta.
- Stir well and season with salt& pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all and mix well.
- Serving size for for main course.