Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious as either a main or a side dish.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta (Cavatappi or small shells work well also)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fine grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated good quality parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over low heat, add garlic and saute 30 seconds; do not brown.
- Add lemon peel and cream, bring to a simmer and cook 6 to 8 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add tomatoes, parmesan cheese, parsley and cooked pasta.
- Stir well and season with salt& pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all and mix well.
- Serving size for for main course.
A great combination of tastes and quick to put together! I used only 200 g (scant 1/2 pound) of pasta though; served with a salad, some crusty bread and crisp white wine (and I think it easily served three females ;-) ). Will definitely make again, thanks for sharing Boca Pat!
This was great! I substituted butter instead of the olive oil, added scallions and used rice noodles instead of the rigatoni. It was very light, yet rich. This sauce would be good on any kind of pasta, especially with seafood. I paired it with another recipe I found on here, "Pan-Fried Fish Almondine Pan-Fried Fish Almondine" using cod. It turned out fantastic. Thank you!
This is awesome! Not much to say about it, it is great as written. I will definitely be making this often, thanks for posting!