Recipe by Dona England
Super good, tho I've never been to Carrabba's so I can't compare. The ingredient list says Caprino cheese but any goat cheese will do. The software wouldn't let me add that.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I have never had a red sauce that incorporated goat cheese and found the addition of it to be devine! This dish was heavenly and will be in my regular rotation from now on!
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups canned whole tomatoes, minced undrained
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces caprino cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casing and break into chunks.
- Cook sausage in olive oil over a medium heat until browned slightly.
- Add onion and red bell pepper(julienned).
- saute until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add wine and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high head, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in pasta, Ramano, and basil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Portion onto plates and top with the crumbled goat cheese.