Dona England's Note:
Super good, tho I've never been to Carrabba's so I can't compare. The ingredient list says Caprino cheese but any goat cheese will do. The software wouldn't let me add that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups canned whole tomatoes, minced undrained
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces caprino cheese
- 1Remove sausage from casing and break into chunks.
- 2Cook sausage in olive oil over a medium heat until browned slightly.
- 3Add onion and red bell pepper(julienned).
- 4saute until softened.
- 5Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- 6Add wine and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper, season with salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil over high head, stirring constantly.
- 9Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened.
- 10Stir in pasta, Ramano, and basil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 11Portion onto plates and top with the crumbled goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Campagnolo Like Carrabba's
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 703.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese