Recipe by Aroostook
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sure sounds yummy! From an Oklahoma Joe's Recipe booklet.
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- canola oil or vegetable oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir eggs into ricotta.
- Gradually add flour.
- Stir in butter, orange zest, and salt.
- Chill batter for two hours.
- In a small sauce pan, boil orange juice down to 2 tbls.
- Stir in honey and set aside.
- Preheat Oil in deep fryer to 365°F.
- Working in small batches, drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Turn once during frying.
- Drizzle with warm honey and serve hot.