Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember where I picked this recipe up from but it's a favorite and I never seem to find one to better it as it is so simple, others seem to take much longer but no improvement on taste!
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- tomato sauce
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the spinach and cook gently, put aside and let cool.
- Fry the onion gently then add the garlic.
- Chop up the spinach finely then mix the ricotta, onion, spinach, nutmeg and seasoning together.
- With a small teaspoon stuff the cannelloni.
- Place into an ovenproof dish and cover completely with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and cook in the center of the oven at 180°C ( 350°F - Gas 4 ) for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with a crisp mixed salad--delicious.