Italian Style Pork and Spinach Cannelloni
From the Australian Pork site. I made this the other night and if I was rating it I'd give it 5 stars for speed of making and taste-it was DELICIOUS! I had no lemon thyme, so used a mix of regular thyme and lemon zest. That was great in it.
- Ready In:
- 700 g ground lean pork
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese (250g)
- 150 g spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 -10 lasagna sheets, fresh ones
- 2 cups tomato sauce, for pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl combine the pork mince, ricotta, spinach leaves, eggs, lemon thyme and pepper and mix well.
- Place the pork mixture into a piping bag with a large 4 cm plain tube.
- Lay the lasagne sheets on flat board and cut sheets into 2 or 3 sections depending upon size.
- Pipe the pork mixture onto the centre of each sheet of pasta. Roll to enclose filling. Brush the edge with a little water to seal. Place each roll fold side down in a shallow oven-proof dish in a single layer.
- Pour over the tomato pasta sauce and sprinkle surface with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Serve hot with crisp garden salad.
- This dish can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for 48 hours prior to baking.