Recipe by byZula
These are so nice and light and tasty! I love these, and so does whoever I make them for. YummY! I like my rolls a little sweet, so I add a bit more sugar.
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, butter, sugar and salt; cool to lukewarm. Soften yeast in lukewarm water; stir and combine with milk mixture.
- Add 1/2 of flour and eggs; beat well. Add enough additional flour to form a soft dough. Turn out onto floured board; knead for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl; let rise until doubled. Shape into rolls; place on greased baking sheet. Let rise until double.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter. Turn out onto wire racks. Serve warm.
- It's supposed to yield about 4 dozen; but I only get about 18 rolls.