Recipe by jas kaur
This is really amazing recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor. Lovely steamed pudding cake with a fudge sauce.
Chocolate fudge sauce
- 100 g dark chocolate (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 cup refined flour (maida)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate (grated)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a pudding/jelly mould. Sieve refined flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together.
- Break eggs into another bowl and whisk. Add golden syrup (even honey can be used) and mix. Add two tablespoons of grated dark chocolate and butter and mix. Add the flour mixture to this and mix well.
- Heat some water in a pressure cooker and place a base in it. Pour the cake batter into the prepared mould. Cover it with foil and place in the cooker. Cover the cooker and steam for thirty five to forty minutes.
- To make the chocolate fudge sauce, melt grated dark chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Add condensed milk and mix. Cook for two to three minutes. Add fresh cream and mix.
- Turn the pudding onto a serving plate. Pour the chocolate fudge sauce over and serve.