1/4 Photos of Rich Chocolate Banana Pie
Very Rich! Tweaked from a Hersey's recipe! Make 2 pies or one and scoop the rest into bowls or use for a trifle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups hershey's special dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (3 1/8 ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- 1Place banana slices in bottom of cooled baked pie shell.
- 2Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart Pyrex measuring cup.
- 3Combine egg yolks and milk add to dry ingredients.
- 4Cook in micro, whisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 5Microwave for 1 minute more.
- 6Remove from micro, whisk pie mixture smooth.
- 7Whisk in butter and vanilla.
- 8Add 2 cups chocolate chips, stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- 9Pour into prepared pie shell over bananas.
- 11Meanwhile whip whipping cream and pudding for 1-2 minutes at medium speed.
- 12Spread on top of chocolate filling.
- 13Refrigerate covered several hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Banana Pie
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.2
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 51.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g