Adapted from a 1964 Betty Crocker Cookbook (my Grandmother's). This is one of our favorites, and making rolls in the bread machine is a snap! These can be shaped almost any way you like. Great dough for making sweet rolls, also!
- Add all ingredients in order specified by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Press dough cycle and let run until finished.
- If you don't have a dough cycle, let the machine run through the first kneading and first rise and then remove.
- Take dough out of bread machine and put on lightly floured surface.
- Roll into thick log with hands and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape as desired and put onto a greased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm area for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- (Hint: Turn oven on at 150 degrees for one minute, turn off and let rolls rise in warm oven) When ready, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake rolls at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.