Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My adopted recipe that comes from Uruguay. Instead of regular ground beef I used ground round to cut down on the fat. This recipe can also be made using some of your favorite seasonings.
- In large non-stick skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add ground round and brown well.
- Add rice, carrots, parsley, beef or vegetable broth, and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are tender or approximately one hour.
I love this a lot from the taste of the beef, potatoes, etc. I could actually eat this as is. Just added more water and had the diced boiled potatoes done beforehand to cut down on the extra cooking time. Covered it for some extra few minutes too but no biggie. :D Thanks, Lauralie! Made for WZT4.
My family loved this, so 5 stars! No taste thrills, just staple ingredients that are sure to please in combination. I used vegetarian "ground round" and extra garlic. I'd love to try it with some chili powder! Thanks!
This was our lunch today and it was very good. I was afraid it would be slightly bland so I added more garlic and some cayenne. I did cover the last 10 minutes because my rice did not seem to be doing much and it was perfectly cooked. This will be wonderful with fried eggs in the morning. Thank you Lauralie41!