Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A terrific taco salad recipe from the USA Rice Council. It's a very good main dish salad that my whole family enjoyed. I hope you do too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- onion, finely chopped (small)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, coursely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Cook meat over medium high heat until browned in large skillet, stirring to crumble.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until soft but now browned.
- Drain fat.
- Add salt, cumin, pepper and rice.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, avocado and reice mixtue in a large bowl.
- add sour cream.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve immediately with picante sauce and corn chips if desired.