Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fabulous recipe! This is good served with chicken.
Make and share this Rice Stuffed Avocados recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 medium avocados
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in medium saucepan.
- add rice and cook until golden, stirring.
- add onion and celery and continue cooking gently 3 minutes, stirring.
- add chicken broth and salt, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender (if rice is still very moist cook with cover off for a few minutes).
- remove from heat.
- stir egg, cheese, and Worcestershire sauce together with a fork and mix into rice along with the parsley.
- heat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut avocados in half, remove pits and put avocado halves in a shallow baking dish.
- add 1/4 inch hot water to the pan.
- spoon rice mixture into hollows of the avocados.
- combine bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over rice mixture.
- bake 20 minutes or until crumbs are browned and avocados are hot.