1 hr 15 mins
Colby's Mom's Note:
A fabulous recipe! This is good served with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Heat 2 tbsp butter in medium saucepan.
- 2add rice and cook until golden, stirring.
- 3add onion and celery and continue cooking gently 3 minutes, stirring.
- 4add chicken broth and salt, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender (if rice is still very moist cook with cover off for a few minutes).
- 5remove from heat.
- 6stir egg, cheese, and Worcestershire sauce together with a fork and mix into rice along with the parsley.
- 7heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8cut avocados in half, remove pits and put avocado halves in a shallow baking dish.
- 9add 1/4 inch hot water to the pan.
- 10spoon rice mixture into hollows of the avocados.
- 11combine bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over rice mixture.
- 12bake 20 minutes or until crumbs are browned and avocados are hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Stuffed Avocados
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g