Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this African dish as a separate course.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and cold
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces scallions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, quartered
- In wooden salad bowl combine rice with parsley, scallions, mint, oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Just before serving, toss well.
- Add tomatoes and radishes; serve over romaine lettuce.
- NOTE: cooking time does not include time to prepare rice.
Delicious salad that keeps well. Makes quite a large quanity and as there are just me and DH eating at most meals it took a while to finish. However I just love constructing a selection of salads to take to work for lunch and this was a star performer. Wholesome and healthy. I didn't add all the dresssing as it didin't seem to need quite the total amount. I also left out radishes as I'm not a fan of them. Would definitely make again and I can see this going down well at any Christmas dinner as the colours look so much of Christmas. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap November 2012
It's basically tabbouli made with brown rice! YUM! This is easy & delicious & most refreshing during this heat wave! Thank you! Made for Aussie swap 7/11.