Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. A nice rice salad with vegetables, doesn't get any better. All the flavors of the vegetables will shine. Feel free to add or decrease salt and pepper to your liking. Please note: cooking time is for rice and vegetables.
- 236.59 ml basmati rice, long grain, cooked
- 1 apple, diced (your choice)
- 236.59 ml green peas, small, boiled
- 118.29 ml cauliflower, florets, boiled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 236.59 ml mixed salad green, garnish plate
- 59.14 ml cabbage, shredded, for garnishing
- 59.16 ml cilantro, leaves (garnish)
- To the cooled rice add the apple, green peas, cauliflower florets, salt and pepper.
- Now add lemon juice and toss well and transfer to serving dish lined with mixed lettuce leaves.
- Garnish rice salad with shredded cabbage and cilantro leaves.
O'kay I had a :oops: moment in that I forgot the garnishes or cabbage and cilantro (was going to use parsley0 but otherwise scaled back to 2 serves was plenty for 3 of us and overall enjoyedfor its freshness I used a Granny Smith apple and left skin on but for appeal would look at a red apple and I also used doongarra rice as it is a medium GI rice - used for dietary reasons). thank you Baby Kato, made for Everday A Holiday tag game.