This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. A nice rice salad with vegetables, doesn't get any better. All the flavors of the vegetables will shine. Feel free to add or decrease salt and pepper to your liking. Please note: cooking time is for rice and vegetables.
- 1 cup basmati rice, long grain, cooked
- 1 apple, diced (your choice)
- 1 cup green peas, small, boiled
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, florets, boiled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cup mixed salad green, garnish plate
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage, shredded, for garnishing
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, leaves (garnish)
- To the cooled rice add the apple, green peas, cauliflower florets, salt and pepper.
- Now add lemon juice and toss well and transfer to serving dish lined with mixed lettuce leaves.
- Garnish rice salad with shredded cabbage and cilantro leaves.