Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Especially good in the summer. made from stuff almost always on hand. If you want it more meaty, add a cup of grilled chicken cut bitesize.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix rice, beans, corn and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro leaves, salt, chili powder and garlic powder in a small bowl until blended.
- Add to rice mixture and toss.
- Can be made a day in advance.
This is a great salad for a hot summer. I made as written except added a chopped tomato and 2 tbsp. of lime juice too. Also, only used 2 cups of cooked rice (that I cooked in chicken broth).
I love this rad little salad! It's a definite make again for me. I cut the oil by 1tbsp but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The dressing is great! It's a nice change from the usual. Perfectly balanced, not spicy, just pleasant! And it is so quick to make! Thanks so much!
To be honest, I was a little skeptical but I had a lot of leftover rice so I thought I would give this a try - so yummy! My cans of corn and beans were a little bigger, so I added an extra scoop of rice and the juice from a lime and a lemon. I also put a touch of honey in the dressing. I have some fresh mangos and avocados I'm going to try out next time! Made for PAC Spring '11