Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My own creamy and delicious version of rice pudding.
- 1 cup basmati rice (or your preference)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Place the rice and 3 cups water into a medium saucepan alone with the stick of cinnamon, rose water, and cardamom pods.
- bring to a boil then cover and simmer until the water is mostly absorbed.
- Combine the cream of coconut, whipping cream, and milk with the beaten egg and add slowly to the rice.
- Cook over low to medium heat stirring fairly often until it thickens. about 30-40 min.
- In the last few min of cooking, add the cinnamon and vanilla and raisins (if you want them).
- Transfer to a dish and let it cool.