Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips (1/4-inch)
- 5 cups sliced bok choy
- 1⁄2 lb firm water-packed tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook noodles in boiling water 6 minutes; drain. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, oil, and crushed red pepper, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy; sauté 1 minute. Add tofu and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and soy sauce mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing well to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
This was such a great easy dish to prepare. We're not vegetarians, but the flavor in this dish was delightful. I think next time, I may take half the sauce and marinate the tofu in it a little before cooking, but overall a delightful dish.