Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great little recipe that I made in High School. My wifes family wasn't sure if they would like it. They were right. They loved it. My kids cant get enough of it. It has everything in one bowl. I will admit, it may not be the healthiest, but it sure is good.
- 15 1⁄4 ounces canned whole kernel corn
- 12 ounces frozen chopped onions
- 12 ounces smoked pork sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 4 teaspoons season salt (optional)
- Make rice. Keep warm in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon and crumble. Reserve bacon drippings. Add to rice when done.
- Heat corn, drain. Add to rice when done.
- Fry onion & diced sausage w/ 2 Tbls of drippings. I use John Morrell. You can also use Polish sausage. Add to rice when done. (Use season salt to taste if desired).
- Scramble eggs w/ 2 tsp of drippings. Salt & Pepper to taste. Add to rice when done.
- Mix well and serve.