Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who can resist Rice Krispies Squares!
Make and share this Rice Krispies Squares With Homemade Marshmallows recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white corn syrup (or golden)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups Rice Krispies
- Place the water in a small pot, sprinkle in the gelatin and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Lightly butter a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- After the gelatin has completely soaked, mix in the sugar and heat the mixture over medium low until the gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved into the water.
- Place the gelatin mixture in a bowl of your stand mixer and add the corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Using the wire whip attachment, whip the mixture until it is white and marshmallow like and very stiff peaks form, about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Fold the Rice Krispies into the marshmallow mixture and mix. Spread and pack into the buttered baking dish.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until set. Cut and serve.
These were okay tasting to me, but the kids and their friends ate the whole plate. A friend whose children are on the gf/cf diet could even have them since they didn't have the standard butter in them and I used coconut oil instead of butter on the dish. I also used a 9x13 instead of a 9x9 and there was plenty for the larger dish. I couldn't imagine it in a 9x9. It took longer than 5-6 minutes for the marshmallow mixture to beat to stiff peaks---maybe 10 minutes.
well i have never made home made marshmellows before and now i think i will never buy them again. they were soo yummy. so soft and chewy. and fun and easy to make! thanks i'll be making this marshmellow recipe for anything that calls for marshmellows from now on!