Recipe by MJMommy13
This is the recipe for the rice cream they serve in the Akershus Restaurant at Epcot at Disney World. It is the best rice pudding you will ever eat. They serve it with a strawberry sauce.
- 1 lb short-grain white rice (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes, covered. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and the mixture is thick. Chill rice in the refrigerator.
- 2. Whip cream and sugar and vanilla. Gently fold whipped cream into chilled rice. Set aside in refrigerator.
- 3. Spoon rice mixture into serving cups. Garnish with strawberry sauce if desired.