Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everyone knows that Rice Cookers are convenient and save time, but did you know you can cook almost anything in them? Even Fried Rice. Try this simple, fast delicious recipe that will have you craving for more. I often make this dish for bbq's and it is ALWAYS a BIG HIT.
- 473.18 ml rice
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 14.79 ml oil (flavoured infused oil works very well)
- 250 g bacon (cut into strips)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 236.59 ml frozen mixed vegetables (corn kernels and peas will do)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- Turn Rice Cooker onto cook.
- Add oil, bacon, onion and garlic to Rice Cooker.
- Stir frequently until onion is soft.
- Add rice to Rice Cooker and coat in oil.
- Add frozen vegetable and beef stock and mix well.
- Place lid on Rice Cooker and let it do its thing.
- When finished mix in Soy Sauce and stir.
Yum! This is a great way to sneak in veggies for your kids. I used the rice cooker measuring cup for the rice, did not use bacon and added an extra cup of veggies. Next time I will try adding chicken for a complete meal.
Very good! I left out the bacon, and measured the rice in the cup that came with the cooker, but used a regular measuring cup for the broth. I used chicken broth because I already had some opened in the frig. I also used Seasame oil. Going to try it with some chicken next time.
This was tasty, but I trusted the recipe, and I probably shouldn't have. The cups of rice listed should probably be the measuring cup that came with my rice cooker, not an actual measuring cup; while the cups for the beef stock probably is an actual measuring cup. I used short grain rice, hoping it would cook appropriately, but it was still crunchy after the first pass. While I loved the convenience (and smell) of cooking the bacon and onions and garlic in my rice cooker, it didn't really work very well. I would probably go ahead and saute in a frying pan first and then put it in my rice cooker. The flavor was kind of bland, also. All of that aside, I think this is a great idea and I will probably play around until we find something that works for our family. Thank you for posting! :)