Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Interesting combination of brown rice and artichoke hearts. Recipe borrowed from The Cheshire Cat in Santa Barbara, CA.
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Mix together artichoke hearts, rice and cheese and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and mustard and pour over rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika, salt and pepper.
- (At this point, you could refrigerate over-night).
- Bake for 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Nice dish, Kari! We really enjoyed this interesting and tasty dish. When I made it, I made it early in the day and kept it in the refrigerator until dinner time. It worked out well, and I always consider it a plus it you can make it ahead. The flavors were very good together. It will definately be used again. Thanks for posting such a tasty dish.
I knew we would love this dish and were not disappointed. The texture was nice and light, yet very flavorful from the cheese and seasonings. I know I'll be grabbing this recipe to make for company, since I can prepare it ahead of time, which is a real bonus. You gave us a winner Kari...thanks.
this was a wonderful dish, light and souffle-like, my daughters thought it was a quiche. i was able to cut it into 6 serving slices. i added about 6 chopped kalamata olives to the mix before baking just to give it some color, i think pimentos would work well too. this is a keeper