Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes. I don't remember having rice like this in Acapulco, but it looks yummy!
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add rice and cook until rice begins to brown, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in garlic, onion and tomato; saute 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.