Recipe by Aroostook
I love this tart dessert. You may make it in a baking dish or use the more traditional cast iron fry pan or spider.
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a ten inch baking dish (cast iron skillet).
- mix rhubarb, sugar and marshmellows.
- Sprinkle dash or two of cinnamon on top.
- Cream together, butter, sugar egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milk to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour batter on top of rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.