Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
These muffins are wonderfully moist. The struesel adds a nice sweetness. I freeze rhubarb in 1 1/2 cup bags while it is in season, so I can make these year round.
Top Review by tasb
Awesome muffins. I made them today with some rhubarb I picked at my in-laws. It was the first time my kids have ever had it, never felt it was worth the price stores and farmer's markets were asking for it.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to dry ingredients along with buttermilk.
- Add rhubarb and chopped pecans.
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and butter and sprinkle mixture over top of unbaked muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.