Recipe by Aroostook
Rhubarb makes this punch a pretty pink. Can be made ahead when the rhubarb is at its peak, frozen and saved for a June wedding.
- 1 quart rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 dozen stalks)
- 1 quart water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 6 large lemons, juice of
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 quart ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rhubarb into 1" pieces.
- Place in a saucepan and barely cover with water.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until soft.
- Drain through sieve w/cheesecloth.
- There should be 3 quarts of juice.
- (If you want to make ahead, this juice can be frozen in ziplock bags for up to 3 months).
- Dissolve sugar in 2 cups water and cook 10+ minutes until a syrup is made.
- Combine lemon, pineapple and rhubarb juices to syrup.
- Pour 1 quart of punch into ice cube trays and freeze well (a couple of days).
- Remove from trays and place in ziplock bags until serving time.
- Pour punch over fruit cubes in the punch bowl.
- Slowly add a quart of ginger ale.