Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Four recipes by Amy Walrod were featured in one of our farm newspapers last month. Amy lives just north of us. The photos of her recipes looked so good, that I had to post them here so I can try them later. Amy does not say what size pie pan to use. MY mother would make a rhubarb pie like this but without the second crust. I'm going to add 'Step 1' as that is the way she makes her pies.
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb or 4 cups frozen rhubarb, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Mix egg, water, flour, sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Add rhubarb to mixture and mix well.
- Pour filling into a pie crust and top with second pie crust.
- Cut air vents in top crust.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, until it bubbles in the center.
I made this pie last week,and everyone thought it was the best they ever had,my daughter and her husband got in an actual arguement over a piece,(my daughter took too much of a bite off off his piece)mMy friend grows lots of rhubarb,and makes rhubarb everything and she wants the recipe.Very Good!!!!