Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine sugar, flour and egg;add to rhubarb.
- Prepare pastry and line a 9" pie plate, reserving some for top crust.
- Add rhubarb mixture and cover with top crust;seal and flute edges.
- Make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- If desired, make a lattice top with top crust.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350F and continue baking 40 to 50 minutes longer or until rhubarb is cooked and pastry is a golden brown.
I went home and made one and it was absolutleu awesome and very easy!
I just received some rhubarb from my parents and have been dying to try a rhubarb pie. This one is a perfect blend of sweet and tart. Thanks for sharing, I will be making this my standard go to recipe.
I will be making it for the third time now. Going to add some Raspberries this time.