- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in 1/2 pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 pastry recipe
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine sugar, flour and egg;add to rhubarb.
- Prepare pastry and line a 9" pie plate, reserving some for top crust.
- Add rhubarb mixture and cover with top crust;seal and flute edges.
- Make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- If desired, make a lattice top with top crust.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350F and continue baking 40 to 50 minutes longer or until rhubarb is cooked and pastry is a golden brown.