I got this recipe from the back of a pack of clarified butter. It is very easy to make and tastes oh so good! =)
- Knead butter, clarified butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon into a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Wash and clean rhubarb and cut into fingerthick pieces. Toss with vanilla sugar and fill into a pie dish (approx. 26cm in diameter).
- Crumble the dough using your fingers and cover the rhubarb with it.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to taste.
- In the preheated oven bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes on the lowest rack.
I'm sure I've said it before with other recipes, but THIS is the best Rhubarb Crumble ever. I believe 25 stars is more appropriate. ;) I've never had cinnamon with my rhubarb, but will from now on. I didn't have vanilla sugar, so I sprinkled the rhubarb with a tsp of vanilla before adding the topping. Ohhhhh Myyyyy. I was in crumble heaven. This has the perfect balance of sweet and tart....maybe just a little more tart, which is perfect in my book. Thanks so much Loula, for a delightful treat. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition. For those that might not have a scale, I measured each ingredient after weighing. These measurements are approximate: 100gr total butter = 1/2 cup 160gr flour = 1 cup 100gr brown sugar = 1/2 cup 600gr rhubarb = 5 cups 30gr vanilla sugar = 2 tbsp
Lovely crumble- vanished fast ! I did a mix of rhubarb and strawberries so it was a very pretty colour too !
I used only butter. Instead of vanilla sugar, I used lavender vanilla sugar I got from Rita. This crumble is so good. The top is sweet just enough and the filling kind of sour a little bit. It goes great together. Thanks Lalaloula :) Made for Make my recipe tag game