Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my wife's chicken pot pie recipe and it is delicious.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- NOTE: My wife usually makes this using a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9-inch pie plate with bottom pie crust. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Saute onion and celery in 2 tablespoons butter.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pie crusts.
- Pour filling mixture into pre-baked pie shell.
- Cover with top pie crust; cut 3 slits in top crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.