Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
In ' The Food You Crave' by Ellie Krieger. Per serving--220 cal, 7.5 g fat, 2.5 g fiber. Should be made with RI quahogs, but I can't get them.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped (2 oz.)
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups diced Red Bliss potatoes (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 (1 lb) containersfrozen clams, packed in their own juice, thawed, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a big pot over med-high heat; add in Canadian bacon, onion, and celery; cook/stir a few times, until the vegetables soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add in potatoes, clams, clam juice, thyme, and water to cover; bring to a boil; decrease heat to med-low, and simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.