Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cheesecake comes very close to the one made by LA's Real Food Daily. It is relatively healthy, and I make it with NO sugar to keep it healthy, without adding that terrible blood sugar hike. And it's vegan!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground raw almonds (crust)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (crust)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (crust)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (crust)
- stevia (crust)
- salt (crust)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs vacuum-packed extra-firm silken tofu
- 14 ounces extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1⁄4 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Make crust by grinding almonds until they reach a fine flour-like consistency in blender or vitamix. Add remaining crust ingredients until you have a moist but not wet mixture. Press into pie tin.
- Blend tofu with stevia, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, baking powder, vanilla and miso in blender (I used a vitamix, and it took about 1 minute). Stevia tends to become less potent when baked, so add a little more than tastes the right amount of sweet. When mixture is creamy, add xanthan gum and continue to blend until the mixture is thick. If mixture is not thick enough, add more xanthan, very slowly until mixture is the right thickness. It should be pourable but not gel-like.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 1 hour or until ready.