Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you should love this easy-to-make casserole. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 lb sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickles, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed rye crackers
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles following package directions.
- Drain and toss with 2 T of the butter.
- Place in prepared dish; top with sauerkraut, then corned beef.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle and onion.
- Spread over corned beef.
- Top with tomato and cheese.
- Pour milk evenly over the top.
- Melt remaining 2 T butter and toss with rye cracker crumbs and caraway seeds; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.