1/1 Photo of Reser's Macaroni Salad (Copycat)
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for Reser's classic macaroni salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet pickle
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery heart
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons reconstituted onions
- 1RECONSTITUTE 4 teaspoons minced onion flakes in enough very hot water to cover and saturate completely.
- 2PREP remaining vegetables to specifications.
- 3COOK large elbow macaroni according to package directions in moderately salted water, less 2 minutes until al dente (firm to the bite); DRAIN in a large colander placed in sink; RINSE with cold water and allow to drain again.
- 4INTO a large bowl with an (accompanying cover or lid), add the dressing ingredients EXCEPT for the sweet pickle juice and white vinegar). Note: drain excess water from onions before adding).
- 5WHISK mixture well then gently fold in vegetables until just blended.
- 6GENTLY fold in drained macaroni until well-blended.
- 7COMBINE the sweet pickle juice with vinegar then sprinkle over salad.
- 8FOLD mixture gently until creamy, without over-mixing.
- 9COVER and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 10SERVE and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reser's Macaroni Salad (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 723.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet pickle juice