Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I fell in love with this dip 7 years ago when I had it at a work function. It was made by my supervisor, Julie Renshaw and had been dubbed simply "Renshaw Dip" by the staff. It is SOOOO GOOD! Whenever I make it, people just gobble it down. It is best to make it AT LEAST 24 hours in advance so the flavors have time to meld together.
- 1 lb sour cream (you can use light)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (you can use light)
- 1 jar chi-chi's hot salsa
- 1 package dry hidden valley ranch original ranch dressing mix (not the dip stuff)
- Mix it up and keep it in the frig for as long as you want before the party.
- A couple of days will get it really hot!
- Serve with tortilla chips.
A wonderful, and easy dip to make. I guess chi-chi's is a brand name of salsa that is not available to me, so I used a local salsa that has a heavier cumin taste. Mixed with the ranch dressing mix and cheeses, the dip had a spicy, robust flavor. We didn't have any for leftovers, so I don't know if it gets hotter after day one. Thanks so much for sharing this delightful dip recipe.
This is a great dip! Only change I made was that I didn't use the hot salsa; I was expecting older relatives for dinner, and wasn't sure about giving them too much heat. They loved this and we did too!
This dip was "ok" - I guess I was expecting more bang for my buck. It was tasty - but fell a little flat for me.