I found this one at a Puerto Rican website (El Boricua.com) when I was not able to get a hold of GMa to tell me how to make them. :) It makes the process way much simple than the traditional. Yummy yummy!
- Bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add margarine, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Stir until the margarine is melted.
- Add the potato flakes. The mixture should be pretty thick and dry.
- Add a slightly beaten egg and mix well.
- Let the potatoes sit to cool down.
- Divide potato mixture into 6 balls.
- Sprinkle corn starch on one hand and carefully spread one of the potato balls on your hand pushing down in the middle.
- Place a tablespoon of prepared picadillo in the middle carefully folding the sides over the meat until it is completely sealed.
- Roll the stuffed balls in corn starch - this will help keep the mixture together during frying.
- Fry over medium-high heat until golden.
- Note: all purpose flour can be used instead of cornstarch.