Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a compilation of several refrigerator dill recipes from the Web. I've tried this 4 times with delightful success. Look out, Classen. The number of hot peppers can be increased according to preference.
- Place pickling solution ingredients in pot to a boil.
- Layer bottom of 1 gallon jar with spices.
- Wash and scrub cucumbers, trim blossom ends, cut lengthwise into spears. Put cucumbers in jar. Cucumbers arrange better in jar if they are cut to equal length. Trimmings can be sliced to fill pint jars with the spices adjusted accordingly.
- Add 1 fresh dill flower to top.
- Pour boiling pickling solution over pickles.
- Leave pickles at room temperature for 2 days. Refrigerate after that.
- These will keep in refrigerator until Christmas.
Very easy and they really do taste like Claussen's! I used whole baby cucumbers and put everything into a gallon size rubbermaid. Everyone is amazed when they taste them; "You made these?!?"
This will be my 3rd year using this recipe. I've tried a few others but I like this one the best. You can store the pickles in a cool place for months too.