Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a compilation of several refrigerator dill recipes from the Web. I've tried this 4 times with delightful success. Look out, Classen. The number of hot peppers can be increased according to preference.
- Place pickling solution ingredients in pot to a boil.
- Layer bottom of 1 gallon jar with spices.
- Wash and scrub cucumbers, trim blossom ends, cut lengthwise into spears. Put cucumbers in jar. Cucumbers arrange better in jar if they are cut to equal length. Trimmings can be sliced to fill pint jars with the spices adjusted accordingly.
- Add 1 fresh dill flower to top.
- Pour boiling pickling solution over pickles.
- Leave pickles at room temperature for 2 days. Refrigerate after that.
- These will keep in refrigerator until Christmas.