Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Submitted by Treva from kitchencraftsnmore newsletter
Make and share this Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 large reese peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
To Bake Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Layer ingredients in jar in order given.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach this recipe to the jar:.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Cookies.
- Remove candies from jar and set aside.
- Empty cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 slightly beaten egg and 1teaspoon vanilla extract; mix until completely blended.
- Stir in candies.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I gave this 5 stars. My family loved these cookies. This is a yummy cookie mix. I made this for Christmas gifts 2 years ago to go with a homemade hot cocoa mix. I don't remember where I got my copy somewhere online but it says it makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies. I did not have 8 large Reese's cups so I used a bag of the mini Reese's cups and chopped them into 4 pieces. Thanks for posting a great recipe. Christine (internetnut)
These were good cookies and a really cute gift jar idea. I followed along as if I had received this in a jar and the dough was very crumbly. I'm wondering if that's because you don't first cream the sugars and butter. Maybe if the instructions said melted butter it would hold together a bit better, I'm not sure. They were tasty but extremely sweet. I got 31 out of the batch and only needed 10 minutes bake time. When I baked for 12 minutes, my cookies came out crunchy instead of chewy. Thanks for the cute idea!