Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Plan ahead this dessert needs to be chilled for about 4 hours before serving, cooking time is chilling time -- for easier slicing chill or partially freeze the peanut butter cups firstly, feel free to use Reese's Caramel Peanut Butter Cups :)
- 16 Oreo cookies (use regular size cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth reese's peanut butter (can use a different brand of peanut butter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped (can use more or less)
- 1 cup cold half-and-half cream (can use milk)
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- Prepare a 9-inch pan.
- Coarsely chop all of the peanut butter cups; set aside.
- For the crust; finely crush 16 Oreo cookies in a processor; toss with melted butter or margarine.
- Press into the bottom of the pan; place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in 1 cup confectioners sugar and beat until combined and smooth.
- Fold in HALF of the thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- In another bowl beat half and half cream or milk with chocolate pudding mix and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar on low speed of an electric mix until combined and smooth, then fold in remaining Cool Whip topping.
- Spread over the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped peanut butter cups over the top.
- Cover and chill a minimum of 4 or more hours.
Made this for my bf who is a peanut butter lover and it was EXCELLENT!!!! i made a mistake the first time i mixed the cream cheese and peanut butter where I microwaved the cream cheese for only 20 sec because it was too hard and then added the peanut butter to the softened cream cheese. That was the BIGGEST MISTAKE ever. The cream cheese began to curd and the entire thing was ruined. Luckily I recognized what curded cream cheese looks like and i trashed it and started over. so DO NOT warm the cream cheese at ALL! i used a blender the 2nd time around to mix the hard cream cheese with the peanut butter... muuuch better....
in the end, this dessert was fantastic!!! would do it again and again! and suuuuper EASY!
Loved it! Next time I will add more peanut butter cups as I loved having one with each bite!
Awesome peanut buttery goodness