Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the recipe my husband always requests when he is having a lunch event at work. They are foolproof and have a rich, homemade flavor.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- Melt butter.
- Add peanut butter, stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs; with spoon, stir until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are firm.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
I'm not sure what I did wrong here, but the chocolate chips melted immediately in the batter. Perhaps the I misread the instructions and should have transferred things to other mixing bowls. That being said, the bars turned out very yummy, melted chips and all and we've been enjoying them since Christmas. I'll deifnitely try making these again, this time allowing things to cool or using more mixing bowls. Thanks1
My family loved these. They were easy to make and will be a standard at family gatherings.