Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is basically the recipe from the back of the Toll House bag, but I tweaked it so that it would have less fat and fewer calories. The addition of applesauce is actually really nice-it blends well with the cinnamon-y, buttery taste of the scotchies. The only thing is that you'll have to increase the cooking time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, blend butter, applesauce, brown sugar, Splenda, vanilla, and egg substitute.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix.
- Add oatmeal and butterscotch chips and stir by hand.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes.