Nestle' Oatmeal Scotchies
photo by Charmie777
- Ready In:
4 dozen cookies or bars
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and morsels.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pan Cookie Variation: Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Prepare dough as above.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in to Jacksonville, FL with my husband, 2 daughters (17 and 11), 4 cats, and 2 dogs. My favorite things to make are cookies/bars and pound cakes. I have had a great time cooking since discovering Recipezaar January 2002. This is a picture of my youngest cat, Lily. She is my sweet sweet little baby.